What is the Primary Care Dietitians’ Association?
Welcome! We are here to support and advocate for dietitians working in primary care across Canada. We started as the Family Health Team Registered Dietitian Network in 2006 and have grown over the years to now include dietitians working in NP-led clinics, community health centres, and aboriginal health access centres. The PCDA officially launched in April 2020. As a group of dietitians, we are here to support one another in our practice and share our knowledge base to support best practice within primary care.
Blending the science of nutrition and the art of food
To advocate for access, capacity and integration of primary care dietitians. Encourage primary care dietitians to become highly skilled at providing medical nutrition therapy, disease prevention and health promotion within comprehensive primary health care.
Advocate for access to primary care dietitians
Evidence based practice
Inter-professional health care
Collaboration and sharing of resources among primary care dietitians
Continuous learning and improvement
Operate in a transparent fashion
Inclusion and Diversity
Benefits of being a member of PCDA
- Access to patient resources, EMR tools, and standardized tool kits
- Advocate for primary care dietitians provincially and federally.
- Support and advance our profession and leadership within the primary care environment.
- Continuing education through webinars and KTEs free to members
- Peer support through Yahoo PCDA list serve
- Access to Clinical Nutrition Manual
- Recognition of dietitians working in primary care
- Discounted rate for annual PCDA conference
- Interest Groups, e.g. Virtual Practice, Northern Regional Group, Internship
- Develop regional strategies to improve patient care and access to primary care dietitians
- Liability Insurance through HUB